Monday, October 4, 2010

Boss cross #1

I knew I was in for a hard race when I saw BH line up on the front (as opposed to the back of the pack at Bubba) of the 28-man field. This past week was the completion of week 3 back on the bike after surgery and a long break from training. My legs are starting to come back, so right now I'm focused on training and getting my attitude lined up. This was a 'training race' in the sense that I try to pick a specific aspect to focus on during the entire race and not let myself get caught up in anything except that goal. For Boss cross #1, the goal was to lay down a really hard effort during the last lap and hopefully pass/catch people. In order to do this, I needed to not burn my matches too early and race smart.

Here's a video of the barriers the last lap:


I grew a gap and managed to pass Bill Marshall the last lap, but couldn't quite catch Yielding. Who, you'll see I followed during the first lap here:


There was no way I could mix it up in the top 5 of this race, especially at this point in time...but as long as I can keep focused I see no reason why November/December shouldn't be different.

Here are the top 15:
1 7 CX 1-2-3-4 M 42 WINKLER Jeff Blue Springs MO Unattached
2 11 CX 1-2-3-4 M 34 JENSEN Brian Lawrence KS Unattached
3 14 CX 1-2-3-4 M 34 JOHNSON Joshua Columbia MO Michelob Ultra - Big Shark Rac
4 23 CX 1-2-3-4 M 25 SCHOTTLER Jonathan Columbia MO Columbia Bike Club Race Team
5 21 CX 1-2-3-4 M 50 PRICE Thomas Overland Park KS KCCX
6 8 CX 1-2-3-4 M 30 COE Andrew Mission KS SKC Racing
7 12 CX 1-2-3-4 M 40 STOLTE William Topeka KS TradeWind Energy / Trek Stores
8 4 CX 1-2-3-4 M 41 YIELDING Jeff Hermann MO Revolution Cycles
9 15 CX 1-2-3-4 M 31 MILLER Daniel Columbia MO Columbia Bike Club Race Team
10 2 CX 1-2-3-4 M 40 MARSHALL Bill
11 27 CX 1-2-3-4 M 27 COIL Nicholas Prairie Village KS TradeWind Energy / Trek Stores
12 16 CX 1-2-3-4 M 47 FROESE Ethan Columbia MO Columbia Bike Club Race Team
13 19 CX 1-2-3-4 M 18 LININGER Luke Greenwood MO Bicycle Shack Racing
14 22 CX 1-2-3-4 M 30 OGILVIE Scott St. Louis MO Dogfish Racing Team
15 9 CX 1-2-3-4 M 36 BAUGHER Matthew St. Joseph MO Epic Cycling Team

3 comments:

David Henderson said...

Looks like you are having fun with this sport. What's it called again?

Uniquestories said...

I liked your post . Thakyou for such an informative article comment here

Ashley Furniture said...

Ashleys furniture
Occasionally it may be a sensible idea to select reputable brands to design your house. You will radiate confidence with the environment you encounter.However, it is not just for this purpose that you really want the greatest brands to purchase. Each is distinctive and provides your house a different type of décor. The choices you choose rely on your own particular requirements and needs.