Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Is it cross season yet?

Took a nice break from riding after the state road race. The weather was super nice last week so it was nice to get out for some walks but that's about all I did. I ate just about everything in sight and after reading all kinds of stuff on nutrition and cancer in the last year, I'm finally at a point where I can relax and not restrict myself. For awhile I wasn't eating any dairy because of some geeky IGF potentiation issues, but man whole milk yogurt and chocolate milk taste good this summer...and don't make me feel bad.

Maggie spent 2 nights at the hospital (working) last week. That part of this next year is going to be ruff, but sunday we got to spend most of the day together, went out for some awesome dinner...I love me some salmon, and then had icecream.

Last week and this, I'm starting to think a ton about cyclocross. I don't know if I'll have as much time as I do now and next fall anytime in the next few years so this season I'm going to give it all I got. Base building for cross officially began today with some sub-LT intervals. Up next is the Webster crit, Tour of Lawrence, and some dirt crits.

It is pretty crazy how long the season is going to be this year. I'm hoping to come into September with some good roadie form and a solid base. Then take it easy and just enjoy the process being with friends and racing in October. And then in November start building back-up for Jingle-cross and nationals.

If you haven't seen this yet, this is pretty awesome. I wish we had these in the states:

Another view:

1 comment:

Jeff Yielding said...

It's very close - can't wait!