Sunday, October 25, 2009

Bubba #3



Rode hard today, but not hard enough. I just couldn't hang on with the lead group after 3 laps and fell back to somewhere around 6-8th for the rest of the race. I ended up riding with Jeff Yielding and Dave B. for most of the race. It was good to ride with Dave, he's got a ton of experience and is stronger, but we have pretty similar riding styles so I was psyched to pedal with him. During the B races I usually could talk to whoever I rode with, A races are much harder...just about all my energy went to me legs.

Maggie rocked it again today on her mountain bike...although she's now definitely wanting a cx bike. Too bad we're both in med school and have to plan every little detail of our finances...cus it would be nice just to grab her a bike before the halloween races. Let me know if you know of any cheap 48-50cm cx bikes out there! My cannondale is a 50cm and a bit small for me, I may talk with Kona this week about a Major Jake and see if I can set up the Cdale for her.

3 comments:

nitch said...

Dood, so bummed to have missed this. JB was one of my favorites last year. No weddings this weekend. The new start time for Sat night might have me screwed due to Halloween w/ the family, but planning Sunday for sure. May even wear my costume if I can't Sat night. See you then...

Casey Ryback said...

Holy shit. You nearly snaked Breslin!

martin said...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kona-Jake-the-Snake-Cyclocross-Cross-Bike-49cm-SRAM_W0QQitemZ280411930986QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMountain_Bikes?hash=item4149da816a#ht_519wt_941

or grab her a kona?