Saturday, January 30, 2010

Reading list

This is the stuff that has influenced me more than anything else:

The Moral Equivalent of War- William James
Running&Being- Dr George Sheehan
Catcher in the Rye- Salinger
Hamlet- Shakespeare
Chief Joseph of the Nez Perce- Robert Penn Warren
Comfort in Uncertainty- Pema Chodron
A River Runs Through It- Norman Maclean
Mountains beyond Mountains- Dr Paul Farmer
The River Why- David James Duncan
Wherever You Go, There You Are- Jon Kabat-Zinn
Letting Everything Become Your Teacher: 100 Lessons in Mindfulness- Jon Kabat-Zinn
In Defense of Food- Michael Pollan
All Our Relations- Winona LaDuke

Just about anything by Faulkner, Vonnegut, or Twain.

I read the bible a couple of years ago cover-to-cover. Definitely changed my views on things but I am not a christian.

1 comment:

Lucas said...

Did you ever pick up a copy of "Agincort?" I fear I oversold it...