Right now, nothing is worse than waiting and not knowing why my tumor marker increased. Medical knowledge and having read quite a bit of the literature on thyroid cancer outcomes isn't helping either.
For now, I'm waiting until Thursday morning at 7:30 to have an MRI of my brain, then probably the rest of the day until we get the results. In the meantime, I'm carrying around a bottle of valium and taking them as needed.
After knowing the MRI results, I'll either start spending a lot more time at a hospital as a patient (Wash U, Hopkins, or MD Anderson) or we'll keep looking via a PET scan for a potential source of the increased thyroglobulin.
I'm taking a few weeks off my bike, which is something good to do in between the bulk of the mountain bike season and cyclocross. I'm hoping I can finally fully get my knee healed, which although improved has continued to bother me off and on since April. Basically, every time I've gone on long rides it hurts. We finally decided that despite a very good fit on my bike, that my cranks are probably a bit too long, so will be going through the annoying process of removing cranks, selling them on ebay, and getting new, shorter cranks for at least 2 of my 3 bikes.
If the results of all this cancer stuff turn out to be OK, then after this break from the bike, some very serious motivation and jedi skills will be released upon the fall cyclocross season.